"live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is." Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A New Beginning ....

The past 3 months have been crazy. So many things happening ... so many changes. Great changes. A couple of men (other than my awesome hubby) have been powerful influences on me.

But before anyone could have that kind of impact of my life ... I had to be willing to change. And I was so ready to change. I was frustrated.... I felt like I had been hitting my head against a wall for years. I would have some degree of success and then a setback. I never got very far ahead ... something was always there so set me up for failure. Not that I don't take full responsibility for my life ... because I do. I just didn't know any better....

Less than 4 months ago, when my self confidence was very low, when my job was not going where I wanted it to, when my health and wellness was frustrating me to no end, when I was not happy with my appearance or my life ... I decided to change. I said that my husband and my home were off limits. Everything else was up for negotiation. First step was to change my hair.

And then I met Andrew .. and my life changed dramatically. I used to say that I went back to who I used to be. In reality my "authentic self" was always around ... she was just lost for a lot of years. Our reactions to what life throws at us can do that sometimes. Andrew showed me a way out of a hole that I dug for myself. And he's been helping me ever since ... guiding me ... nudging me out of my comfort zones. And of course Barry has been incredibly supportive. Far more so than ever before. Because he's seen the commitment ... he's seen the results. He knows how much better off I am now.

So Andrew was the first of two huge male influences in my life. And he introduced me (or rather re-introduced me) to Stephen Covey. Not in person. Andrew recommended that I read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I read that book probably 17 years ago. It had a very large influence on me then ... but those lost years took a toll on almost every aspect of my life. Reading it again reaffirmed those principles and I'm ready to make some major changes in my life.

My job is much better ... because I'm much better. But I have decided that I need a change. I need to help people. To help them improve their lives ... their health ... their wellness. I wanted to do this back in my early 20's before there was such a need for it. I just didn't know how or what. Now, as I look around at what people do to themselves ... I just want to reach out and help others feel as good about themselves as I do about myself.

This blog is about my journey.  It's a place you can hopefully come to for encouragement, inspiration, motivation ... a positive, proactive model.  You can either comment or send me an email.  I hope to hear from people I've known for a long time as well as new friends.

I wish you all a victorious life.


4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say here hon. I'm so so proud of all you've accomplished, all the positive changes you've made and I know you'll help inspire that in others. Love you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I'm so happy that you are venturing forward. You will be a positive influence to so many who are travelling along this journey with fear , uncertainty and a sense of aloneness. Sandy, your openness is always a breath of fresh air. Congratulations on the new blog, can't wait to see you spread your wings and soar!!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Sandy and I can't wait to read about your journey on this blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read more...hoping to see you guys around the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete